Saturday, February 4, 2012

HURRAY! A GIVEAWAY!

Yes, you read that right. I'm doing a giveaway.

You see, my brother and his friends have started this company called Victus Creus. The main goal of their company is creating empowered, authentic art.

Here's a little tid bit about what they do:

'We accept art submissions from anybody who wants to contribute, that means you! We have a space where you can submit a scanned in copy of your piece along with a written statement of what the piece means to you, how it empowers you, etc. and your name (contact info if you’d like) and we’ll post it up for sale once it gets ten votes. Thus creating exposure for you, and creating a network of creativity that this whole community can benefit from. And the beauty part is that you can do this at any age or skill level! We want to help you on your path to a creative and empowering lifestyle!


Every piece comes with information about the artist. That means whether it was created by you or one of our other contributing artists, every piece (t shirts, hats, prints, that’s right, all of them) will come with a card like one you might see next to a painting in a gallery. These cards all contain written statements by the artist about what went through their head when they did the piece, why they did it, how it empowered them, etc. The cards will also come with contact info if you wish to include it. It is optional but we strongly recommend that you at least give a facebook page or email that people who buy your art from our website can reach you at. We want people to know that all of our contributing artists are important to us, and we want to support contributors in any way we can. Word of mouth advertising is important, so the more that people know about where their art pieces come from, the more support the artist gets. "


Anyway, currently, Victus Creus is working on a project called, "Art is....." They are asking everyone and 
anyone to complete the sentence "Art is..." and write it on a piece of paper and take a picture of yourself (or have someone else do it) and post it on their facebook wall.

Kinda like me:


Obviously, you don't have to write it on a record, but you're also not limited to paper. You can get creative! 

Now to the the fun part! The details of the giveaway:

 I'm going to be giving away a $15 Fandango gift certificate! I know, I know it's not that crazy or cool. But, FREE MOVIES! Plus,  I'll be drawing the name on February 13th, and the gift certificate is electronic, so you'll get it immediately, just in time for a VALENTINE'S DATE! (or whatever you want)

HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY

1. Go "like" the Victus Creus facebook page (it can be found HERE!)*

2. Post your photo to their facebook page finishing the sentence "Art is..." (if this task is too daunting cause you're new at facebook, you can just email the picture to me and I'll get it to them: kynslie@gmail.com)

3. When you post the picture, tell them Kynslie sent you (So I know to enter your name in the drawing).

4. Tell your friends about the project and the giveaway! (you can just send them the link to this blog, to make easy on you)

5. If we get AT LEAST 10 submissions from this, I'll do the drawing. (So seriously, be sure to tell your friends!)

6. Check back here on February 13th for the announcing of the winner!

I'm not going to make any rules about how you have to follow our blog, but you're always more than welcome to, if you're not. We're not always the most exciting people, but there's always wifed up Wednesdays!

I'm just gonna do this the old fashioned way and put all your names in a hat, and whoever I draw out, wins!

Please don't feel like because you're not good at drawing or painting that you can't participate. I am seriously not good at anything . But art is everywhere and is part of everything, so this project is applicable to everyone! If you need to get inspired you can check out the other submissions by clicking riiiiiight here.

Plus, if you are one of those people who always takes pictures of yourself, this will be the easiest thing you've ever done.

*Why yes! I do also cater to time travelers: if you're old fashioned and don't have a facebook you can still participate by sending the pictures directly to my email!

No comments: